Monday, February 4

Data Load

You recall I mentioned the nightmare of data tidy up, well its time to load data to the new machine. The twin freeview tuner card turned up today and it installed no problem at all - very sweet. It integrated nicely with Windows Media Center with no problem The EPG is quite good and you can do the usual recoeding via the right button, series link etc etc. The tuner is HD as well.

I have now loaded all my music, movies, videos and photos.

This is the tuner card, it is PCI express, quite a small card, as you can see.


I expect to get the Blu Ray player tomorrow, which will finish the build, at least for phase 1. Once that it is up and running I will install in the living room to let DB trial it. Then I am going to try various ways of controlling it from the armchair. I ahve no firm plans as yet but I am thinking abount using a smartphone or tablet running android - lets see what apps are out their. Alternatively perhaps via the laptop. Would remote assist work or remote desktop with multiple sessions?


No comments: